Attendance Tracking at Virtual Events
Track attendance at your online meetings using NvolveU's built in features
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:01.020]There are multiple ways to track
attendance for online meetings.
- [00:00:05.820]And one of the easiest ways to do it
is by first being on the homepage of
- [00:00:09.210]NvolveU, click on the
name of the organization that
is hosting the meeting or
- [00:00:14.340]event virtually, click on the manage gear.
- [00:00:17.940]You have to be somewhat of a administrator
or somebody who has a leadership
- [00:00:22.050]position that has access to that
management feature. But as long as you do,
- [00:00:26.370]you can continue on.
- [00:00:28.080]But then you're going to go up to your
hamburger menu in the upper left corner.
- [00:00:31.830]And then after you've clicked on that,
you're going to want to click on events.
- [00:00:36.300]This is where any event that you have
put into NvolveU and gotten approved
- [00:00:40.380]will show up. And I'm just going
to choose one at random right now.
- [00:00:44.310]But if I were to click the
top one here, 12/6/2020,
- [00:00:48.480]what'll happen is a pop up with all
of the details related to my event and
- [00:00:53.880]up here is where you can stick the URL
for let's say, Zoom, Google Hangouts,
- [00:00:58.860]or any other online meeting
room or platform you're using.
- [00:01:03.720]If you click on that,
- [00:01:05.160]it would actually bring you to another
page that would allow you to then see the
- [00:01:09.720]online location, if that
link was posted there,
- [00:01:12.030]but then also RSVP directly on the event.
- [00:01:15.510]But if we were to go back, the
easiest way to once again,
- [00:01:20.460]mark somebody as attended would be
to go down to this URL right here.
- [00:01:25.290]If you click on copy,
- [00:01:26.850]what happens is you could send this link
or URL in the chat of Zoom or Google
- [00:01:32.850]Hangouts or any other video platform
that you're using for your meetings.
- [00:01:38.190]And all somebody has to do is go up to
the top of their browser and click on
- [00:01:43.320]that link or paste that link in.
- [00:01:45.720]And it'll pop up with a
message at the bottom saying,
- [00:01:48.210]here you have attended. Mine said
not currently attended.
- [00:01:51.510]And the reason it did that is if
you go back to the instructions,
- [00:01:54.120]it says that you have to
wait until the event starts,
- [00:01:56.700]or it'll still be active 72
hours after the event.
- [00:02:01.020]So if you want to use that option,
- [00:02:03.660]just make sure that that link is not sent
out until after the event has started
- [00:02:07.200]on NvolveU. So in this case,
- [00:02:08.730]it wouldn't be until after two o'clock
and it would be good for 72 hours after
- [00:02:13.290]December 6th. So that's one way
to track attendance at your event,
- [00:02:16.920]by using the attendance URL.
- [00:02:20.010]Another way that you can go through and
track attendance is by clicking on the
- [00:02:24.450]track attendance button.
- [00:02:26.670]And what's going to happen is you're
going to have to go up here to the plus
- [00:02:29.850]sign, click on Add Attendance.
- [00:02:32.940]And there's a couple of different ways
that we can go about doing this. On this
- [00:02:36.090]page here, you can see that I was
added or invited to be an attendee.
- [00:02:40.950]If somebody who was not added or
invited to be an attendee to that event,
- [00:02:45.360]it won't pop up here.
I'll show you in just a second,
- [00:02:47.940]how you can invite somebody,
but if somebody did pop up here,
- [00:02:52.230]because you've invited them,
all you'd have to do is mark
- [00:02:54.300]one of these options. I'm going to
say attended just so I can say that I
- [00:02:59.440]So if that weren't the case and I
needed to be invited to something still,
- [00:03:03.040]once again, you go back to the
homepage of your RSO, click on manage,
- [00:03:09.400]go back to our hamburger
menu, click on events,
- [00:03:12.700]and then we'd actually have to go to
that specific event that we're wanting to
- [00:03:16.750]invite somebody to.
- [00:03:17.590]So I'm going to click on a different
meeting than the one I originally showed.
- [00:03:20.890]And you can see nobody's been invited,
- [00:03:22.360]but I'm going to invite people by clicking
on invitations and RSVPs. Hit invite
- [00:03:27.610]people at the top. After
it has found my name,
- [00:03:30.850]I click on that it'll
show send invitation.
- [00:03:33.550]So at that point I am now I have now been
invited and I can go back to my other
- [00:03:38.320]tab and do exactly what I did
here, where I marked attended.
- [00:03:42.490]That's a little bit
longer way of doing it,
- [00:03:43.840]but there's a couple other options besides
the attendance URL and then using the
- [00:03:48.130]invite or invitations link.
Click on text entry.
- [00:03:51.790]This is a way that if you took attendance
at your event and you had everybody's
- [00:03:55.600]email, maybe on a spreadsheet or
on some word document or whatever.
- [00:04:00.850]This would obviously have
to be the Huskers emails,
- [00:04:04.070]since that's what's
associated with NvolveU.
- [00:04:06.670]It would work to have somebody's
Gmail or another email.
- [00:04:09.310]But as long as you have that, you could
put their email down on this line,
- [00:04:12.640]separated by a comma and
then check whether they were
attended or not attended,
- [00:04:16.870]and then hit add. The last way you
could do it is by a file upload.
- [00:04:22.030]And this would be super easy
to do if you had a CSV file.
- [00:04:26.530]So more or less, that's an Excel
file. That's comma separated value.
- [00:04:30.850]So if you saved your Excel file with
everybody's name and email, once again,
- [00:04:34.600]it has to be Huskers email, but that
information on that spreadsheet,
- [00:04:38.470]you can save it and then hit choose file,
- [00:04:41.470]and then pick the spreadsheet
you want hit open,
- [00:04:44.470]and then you could hit upload.
- [00:04:45.820]And then at that point it would
mark everybody as attended.
- [00:04:48.400]So a couple of different options on how
you go about inviting people to some
- [00:04:53.440]type of meeting or event, but,
- [00:04:56.350]you can go and use whichever
of those options is easiest.
Log in to post comments