Master of Engineering Management (MEM): Neeraj Sharma
Testimonial from MEM Student Neeraj Sharma (Spring, 2022 Graduate).
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.879](gentle upbeat music)
- [00:00:05.210]Hi, my name is Neeraj Sharma,
- [00:00:07.220]and I will be graduating in Spring 2022.
- [00:00:11.310]I have led design teams in the past.
- [00:00:14.220]I have a good background of engineering, but I,
- [00:00:17.840]what I was lacking was a thorough understanding
- [00:00:22.320]of business side of things, the capital,
- [00:00:24.980]how the financials impact particular decision.
- [00:00:28.490]So those were the key things
- [00:00:31.190]that differs this program from a conventional MBA.
- [00:00:35.740]I can cherry pick.
- [00:00:37.185]I can pick up subjects or classes
- [00:00:40.380]that aligns well with my career path.
- [00:00:44.100]It's a very collaborative work environment
- [00:00:46.760]and it's a very collaborative class environment,
- [00:00:48.770]so I was learning from experiences
- [00:00:51.540]of my peers who were in the class.
- [00:00:53.940]So it was a good correlation between what I was learning
- [00:00:57.640]and how I applied it at work.
- [00:01:00.770]Halfway through this program,
- [00:01:02.199]I was promoted to an engineering supervisor.
- [00:01:07.030]I think my company saw the value I brought in,
- [00:01:10.430]and I got promoted to a leadership position
- [00:01:13.340]in my organization.
- [00:01:14.440]So I would definitely recommend this program.
- [00:01:16.828]It caters well to your engineering
- [00:01:19.780]as well as business needs.
- [00:01:21.580]It provides you with in-depth understanding
- [00:01:23.600]of the both worlds, so I would recommend it.
- [00:01:27.940](gentle upbeat music)
Log in to post comments