Rinne - Track Video
Honors Program junior Alexandria Rinne talks about her experience in the Civic Leaders Track.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.000]Hi, I'm Alexandria Rinne
- [00:00:01.771]and I am a junior in the Honors Program
- [00:00:03.768]with the Civic Leaders Track.
- [00:00:05.316]This winter,
- [00:00:06.059]I had the opportunity to complete my track internship
- [00:00:08.525]with Civic Nebraska.
- [00:00:10.164]And let me just say, this was a phenomenal experience.
- [00:00:14.039]Before I joined Civic Leaders,
- [00:00:16.384]I wasn't super sure
- [00:00:17.589]if that was where I wanted my career path to go
- [00:00:19.577]but I knew that being involved in civics and being involved
- [00:00:21.902]in my community was something I was really passionate about.
- [00:00:24.451]It's something that's always been very important to me.
- [00:00:26.769]And when I really got started with this,
- [00:00:28.615]It was such a learning experience
- [00:00:29.943]just getting to develop what civic leadership means,
- [00:00:33.012]how you can be a leader,
- [00:00:34.245]how you can foster leaders underneath you,
- [00:00:36.072]how you can really grow and develop in your community.
- [00:00:38.605]And so I spent my first semester learning a lot about that.
- [00:00:41.007]And then I spent this internship actively doing that.
- [00:00:43.674]And so learning all
- [00:00:44.546]of the ways that a community is connected,
- [00:00:46.279]learning how to really, like - learning practically
- [00:00:49.232]what that goes into
- [00:00:50.633]What people develop that.
- [00:00:52.687]How you can develop that, ways to strengthen that.
- [00:00:55.951]And it was a wonderful experience, just, I mean, personally
- [00:00:58.464]because I got to see something that I'm really passionate
- [00:01:00.191]about as an actual career field,
- [00:01:01.510]but more than that
- [00:01:02.967]It also taught me a lot of awesome skills professionally.
- [00:01:05.930]I got to do a lot of hands-on, boots on the ground research.
- [00:01:08.409]I got to do a lot of planning.
- [00:01:09.932]I got to learn how to plan and execute a project.
- [00:01:12.171]And I learned how and when to take initiative
- [00:01:14.570]in the workplace, but even more than that
- [00:01:17.132]I had the opportunity just to explore the nonprofit world
- [00:01:20.029]and see different ways that nonprofits are involved.
- [00:01:22.144]See how they really shaped civic leadership.
- [00:01:25.141]And it opened up so many opportunities for me
- [00:01:27.672]for internships in the future
- [00:01:30.282]for passions to pursue in the future.
- [00:01:32.148]It opened doors within Civic Nebraska
- [00:01:34.171]and the Honors Program for me.
- [00:01:35.593]And it's really just been such an amazing experience
- [00:01:38.399]that if I could do it again, I absolutely would.
Log in to post comments