Huskers Afterschool Learning Opportunities
Summer 2021 opportunities to serve and learn in the community through afterschool clubs!
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.368](playful music)
- [00:00:03.900]Hi, my name is Emma and I work for the Honors Program.
- [00:00:06.960]Are you interested in earning credit
- [00:00:08.770]while getting paid and making a difference this summer?
- [00:00:12.220]The Huskers Afterschool Learning Opportunities
- [00:00:14.460]are perfect for you.
- [00:00:15.340]UNL students will have the opportunity
- [00:00:17.980]to assist with youth programming at local community sites
- [00:00:21.250]over the course of the summer by leading clubs.
- [00:00:24.250]Students can choose to create their own club
- [00:00:26.330]or use existing club curriculum.
- [00:00:28.890]Examples of past clubs students have created include
- [00:00:32.300]Art in the Environment, Nebraska's Wildlife Club,
- [00:00:35.630]Space Venture, Engineering Explorers,
- [00:00:38.980]Environmental Activism, and so much more.
- [00:00:42.760]Learn more about existing club curricula
- [00:00:45.290]at honors.unl.edu/halo,
- [00:00:49.690]which is H-A-L-O,
- [00:00:51.990]and this is where the QR code in the flyer takes you.
- [00:00:55.170]The flyer should be posted on your Canvas page
- [00:00:57.120]for your convenience.
- [00:00:58.860]This QR code also takes you to the application
- [00:01:01.300]where you can apply.
- [00:01:02.930]Students can work between 40 and 120 hours.
- [00:01:06.250]This opportunity is open to all students,
- [00:01:08.730]but if the student wants to fulfill honors requirements,
- [00:01:11.970]they must fulfill 80 hours.
- [00:01:14.690]Priority is given to those who submit the form
- [00:01:17.360]on the QR code by April 9th, 11:59 p.m.
- [00:01:20.910]You can expect to hear
- [00:01:21.940]if you will be connected to a community partner
- [00:01:24.060]by late April to early May.
- [00:01:26.380]Thanks for your time.
- [00:01:27.318](playful music)
Log in to post comments