Master of Engineering Management (MEM): Jaime Ristow
Testimonial from 2019 MEM Graduate Jaime Ristow.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.691](lively music)
- [00:00:05.090]My name's Jaime Ristow.
- [00:00:06.550]I'm originally from Lincoln, Nebraska.
- [00:00:08.550]I am in the Engineering Management program
- [00:00:11.804]and I graduated in December of 2019.
- [00:00:15.030]I was really enjoying what I was doing,
- [00:00:16.880]but I was starting to think more and more
- [00:00:18.870]about what next steps I wanted to take with my career.
- [00:00:21.920]When I was thinking about transitioning
- [00:00:24.830]into a new function of the business,
- [00:00:27.056]because I wanted to gain a better understanding
- [00:00:30.370]of the business side to help me with that next step
- [00:00:32.570]in my career.
- [00:00:33.530]When I found the engineering management program,
- [00:00:36.170]I felt like it was the perfect blend
- [00:00:38.220]of engineering and business.
- [00:00:40.610]For the engineering side, you have the ability
- [00:00:43.520]to really customize your experience
- [00:00:45.568]and focus, really, on what you want to develop on.
- [00:00:49.630]And for the business side,
- [00:00:50.970]I really liked that you could narrow in specifically
- [00:00:54.270]on what you wanted to learn,
- [00:00:55.790]because you had the ability to pick your classes.
- [00:00:58.500]Versus an MBA, you would be required
- [00:01:01.170]to take all of the core business classes,
- [00:01:03.530]regardless if that's really what you wanted to learn or not.
- [00:01:06.370]What I really enjoyed was at the beginning
- [00:01:08.450]of every class I had, they give you the full schedule
- [00:01:11.190]for what the next eight weeks is going to look like.
- [00:01:13.760]I was very much able to plan ahead
- [00:01:16.310]so that I could stay balanced between my work
- [00:01:19.180]and school requirements.
- [00:01:20.900]I was very fortunate that after going through the program,
- [00:01:24.280]I was able to take an opportunity
- [00:01:26.620]to get a promotional role
- [00:01:28.170]into a higher level leadership position.
- [00:01:31.020]And I really think that the MEM program
- [00:01:33.160]is what helped prepare me take that next step in my career.
Log in to post comments