Beyond the Box introduction
Short introduction video to the Beyond the Box project
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:07.129]Beyond the Box is a new way that allows
- [00:00:09.538]youth to interact with past and present
- [00:00:11.278]black scientists in the fields of
Agriculture and Natural Resources.
- [00:00:15.278]It uses activities, objects, and audio
- [00:00:18.659]to bring these scientists to life in a
fun and creative way.
- [00:00:21.699]The box is easy to use, and a great tool
- [00:00:24.929]to bring science to all communities.
- [00:00:27.039]Here's how it works.
- [00:00:29.865]First, explore the scientists' cards.
- [00:00:32.495]Choose a scientist, and find the object
that is associated with that card.
- [00:00:36.885]Then, you'll want to place that object
on the box.
- [00:00:50.133]"My earliest memory of how much I
- [00:00:54.133]and just my love for nature, is actually
two times I can think of"
- [00:01:00.436]After listening, go back to the card and
use the object to complete the activity.
- [00:01:06.276]If interested, the QR code on each card
- [00:01:09.506]can be scanned, and will connect the user
- [00:01:11.639]to the Beyond the Box website
- [00:01:13.299]that highlights additional information
- [00:01:14.969]about each scientist and their career.
- [00:01:17.239]Beyond the Box uses programmed stickers
- [00:01:19.779]and wireless interactions to bring science
into any space.
- [00:01:23.090]The hope is to shed light on black
- [00:01:25.276]scientists who have made their own mark
- [00:01:27.126]on the world, and inspire youth to pursue
- [00:01:29.046]a career in whatever they enjoy,
- [00:01:30.946]no matter the obstacles.
- [00:01:32.000]Thanks for watching!
Log in to post comments