Nebraska Food Technology for Companion Animals
Welcome to the Food Technology for Companion Animals program at the Nebraska Food Science and Technology.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.032](upbeat music)
- [00:00:07.300]Nebraska is home
- [00:00:08.590]to one of the first four-year degrees
- [00:00:10.690]in food technology for companion animals.
- [00:00:13.670]This program combines food science, nutrition,
- [00:00:16.370]and physiology to improve the health of companion animals.
- [00:00:20.270]Graduates are fully prepared to work
- [00:00:22.510]in areas of research and design, food safety and operations
- [00:00:26.270]for major pet food companies.
- [00:00:29.130]In conjunction with food science and processing courses,
- [00:00:32.180]students also take courses
- [00:00:33.910]from the Department of Animal Science,
- [00:00:36.080]such as animal products,
- [00:00:37.920]anatomy and physiology of domestic animals,
- [00:00:40.660]animal nutrition and feeding,
- [00:00:42.570]and companion animal nutrition among others.
- [00:00:45.840]Graduates are in high demand for this unique program.
- [00:00:49.900]Large and small pet food companies are continuing
- [00:00:53.290]to grow and invest more in resources
- [00:00:57.150]for the development of new products.
- [00:00:59.720]Students coming from our program
- [00:01:01.670]here at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- [00:01:04.300]are uniquely qualified and educated
- [00:01:07.210]for new product development and research testing
- [00:01:10.690]that is of interest to the food companies.
- [00:01:13.990]The starting salaries for our recent graduates
- [00:01:16.630]working in the pet food industry have been phenomenal
- [00:01:20.340]in comparison to their peers.
- [00:01:22.520]Students may also use
- [00:01:23.860]the food technology for companion animals degree
- [00:01:26.540]as a pre-veterinary program.
- [00:01:29.290]Since joining the FTCA program,
- [00:01:31.170]I've been opened up to so many opportunities
- [00:01:33.210]and various internships within the field.
- [00:01:35.340]It's been really cool getting to take
- [00:01:36.920]what I learn in the classroom
- [00:01:38.020]and apply it to the internships.
- [00:01:40.210]I've also been able to expand my knowledge
- [00:01:42.500]on the health requirements of animals
- [00:01:44.490]and I couldn't be more thankful.
- [00:01:46.470]Additional perks for students
- [00:01:48.240]in the food technology and companion animals major
- [00:01:50.870]include classes in modern labs and classrooms
- [00:01:54.090]at the Food Innovation Center,
- [00:01:56.020]thousands of dollars
- [00:01:57.090]in additional scholarship opportunities,
- [00:01:59.490]and small class sizes that make the interactions
- [00:02:02.760]between faculty and students more meaningful.
- [00:02:05.830]Be one of the few in the country
- [00:02:07.370]to graduate fully prepared to work
- [00:02:09.260]in the fastest growing manufacturing industries.
- [00:02:12.006](upbeat music)
Log in to post comments