State of Our University 2021 | Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts
Charles O'Connor, dean of the Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts, reports on significant accomplishments of the college over the past year.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.154](upbeat electronic music)
- [00:00:04.679]What a year we had.
- [00:00:05.750]Despite a global pandemic,
- [00:00:07.833]we continued to learn, teach, perform
- [00:00:10.840]and exhibit the arts in a safe way.
- [00:00:13.630]I'm very proud of how our college excelled
- [00:00:15.977]during these challenging times.
- [00:00:18.410]For instance, our college saw a 4% increase
- [00:00:20.726]in undergraduate enrollment last fall.
- [00:00:23.760]Our Glenn Korff School of Music's opera program
- [00:00:26.050]safely produced its opera,
- [00:00:27.150]The Cunning Little Vixen with live outdoor performances.
- [00:00:31.940]Our school of art, art history, and design presented
- [00:00:33.989]virtual exhibits of student artwork,
- [00:00:37.377]and the Nebraska Repertory Theater launched
- [00:00:39.152]a two year partnership
- [00:00:40.937]with the St. Louis Black Repertory Company
- [00:00:43.610]to bring about positive social change
- [00:00:45.528]to our university and beyond.
- [00:00:48.290]And our Johnny Carson Center
- [00:00:49.875]for the Emerging Media Arts received
- [00:00:51.512]an AIA Nebraska Architecture Merit Award
- [00:00:54.779]for its building design.
- [00:00:57.050]And finally, I'd like to thank our community
- [00:00:59.260]who rose to support our dance program.
- [00:01:01.750]It's the only undergraduate dance degree in the state,
- [00:01:04.720]and it will be better than ever thanks
- [00:01:06.710]to overwhelming support from many of you.
- [00:01:09.325](soft electronic music)
Log in to post comments