Explore | Helen Duong | Q6
How is the Exploratory and Pre-Professional Advising Center
preparing you for a career?
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.350]Coming into college last year
- [00:00:02.300]as a freshman, being undeclared,
- [00:00:03.920]the explore center has helped me so much.
- [00:00:06.400]My advisors were really helpful in helping me
- [00:00:09.160]get into the classes that pertain to my interests,
- [00:00:12.400]and through that, I was able to pinpoint
- [00:00:14.800]global studies as my passion.
- [00:00:16.930]And then, last semester, I decided
- [00:00:18.530]that I wanna pursue a health career
- [00:00:20.220]as a physician assistant.
- [00:00:22.010]And right away, immediately, I talked to my advisor
- [00:00:24.850]and she added me to this huge email chain
- [00:00:27.240]with so many different opportunities
- [00:00:28.750]for pre-health students, which included like job shadowing,
- [00:00:31.920]volunteer hours, how to become a CNA.
- [00:00:35.320]And it's just so great to know that the advisors
- [00:00:38.220]at the explore center helped me not only academically,
- [00:00:40.750]but also with opportunities to prepare me for my future.
- [00:00:43.828](mellow music)
Log in to post comments