Nebraska Law Mission: DEVELOP
We DEVELOP inclusive leaders who advance justice, solve problems, and serve with integrity.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.141](upbeat music)
- [00:00:03.990]It's my pleasure to finally, officially,
- [00:00:06.230]share with you Nebraska Law's mission statement.
- [00:00:09.910]We develop inclusive leaders who advance justice,
- [00:00:13.640]solve problems, and serve with integrity.
- [00:00:18.200]I hope that you see yourself reflected back to you
- [00:00:20.510]in this intentionally concise statement.
- [00:00:23.180]As you can imagine, each word was chosen carefully.
- [00:00:26.860]At Nebraska Law, we do more than educate;
- [00:00:29.420]we develop.
- [00:00:31.000]Of course our classroom teaching remains a foundational part
- [00:00:33.970]of what we do at Nebraska Law.
- [00:00:36.010]Understanding legal doctrine
- [00:00:37.660]and learning how to think like a lawyer
- [00:00:39.700]are skills that form the basis for becoming a strong lawyer.
- [00:00:43.900]In addition, our students learn
- [00:00:45.830]not just how to think like a lawyer
- [00:00:47.660]but also how to be a lawyer through five different clinics
- [00:00:51.490]and an extensive program of externships and internships
- [00:00:54.870]in a variety of legal offices.
- [00:00:57.140]Moreover, students learn how to be a professional
- [00:01:00.000]through extracurricular activities, competitions,
- [00:01:02.850]and programs focused on developing the entire person.
- [00:01:07.180]We're becoming a Gallup's strengths-based institution,
- [00:01:10.040]which means that we are looking
- [00:01:11.350]at each individual's strengths
- [00:01:13.280]and helping them develop those unique talents
- [00:01:15.930]to grow as a person and a professional.
- [00:01:19.160]Yes, we educate, but we do more than that here.
- [00:01:22.640]We want to develop the whole person and professional
- [00:01:25.390]so that graduates leave Nebraska Law
- [00:01:27.580]ready to make a difference.
Log in to post comments