COVID-19 Saliva Testing
Instructions for on-campus testing.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:01.507](upbeat music)
- [00:00:04.050]UNL will provide
- [00:00:05.140]saliva-based diagnostic testing for COVID-19
- [00:00:08.760]to further protect our campus community.
- [00:00:11.400]The test is simple, safe,
- [00:00:13.160]and available at multiple locations across our campuses.
- [00:00:17.090]Those with a smartphone should schedule tests
- [00:00:19.470]through the Safer Community app.
- [00:00:21.440]Scheduling is also available online.
- [00:00:24.550]On the day of your test, drink plenty of water;
- [00:00:27.060]however, stop drinking water 10 minutes before your test.
- [00:00:31.200]30 minutes prior to your test, avoid nasal sprays, food,
- [00:00:35.090]chewing gum, tobacco products, mouthwash,
- [00:00:37.710]and drinks other than water.
- [00:00:39.810]Arrive at the testing site with your mobile phone
- [00:00:42.110]with the Safer Community app
- [00:00:43.900]plus a photo ID, such as NCard,
- [00:00:46.620]driver's license, or passport.
- [00:00:48.940]When you receive your collection kit,
- [00:00:50.770]relax your mouth and don't swallow.
- [00:00:53.180]Avoid coughing or sniffing.
- [00:00:55.450]Allow saliva to pool under your tongue.
- [00:00:59.370]Open the test tube lid and remove the straw wrapper.
- [00:01:02.430]Place the straw into the test tube.
- [00:01:05.220]Do not blow or force saliva into the straw;
- [00:01:08.590]rather, lean over the test tube
- [00:01:10.350]and allow saliva to dribble into the straw.
- [00:01:13.860]Pull from the sides of the mouth and under the tongue,
- [00:01:16.330]not from the back of your throat.
- [00:01:18.940]The liquid saliva, not including bubbles,
- [00:01:21.380]should reach the line marked around the test tube.
- [00:01:24.170]Remove the straw, close the tube until you hear a click,
- [00:01:27.370]and wipe the test tube with the alcohol wipe.
- [00:01:29.990]Give your sample to the attendant.
- [00:01:32.140]Place all remaining items inside the plastic bag
- [00:01:35.010]and throw it away in the designated waste bin.
- [00:01:38.010]Your test result will be available
- [00:01:39.700]on your Safer Community app in about 24 hours.
- [00:01:43.480]The app will indicate you're up to date on testing
- [00:01:46.170]and if you test negative,
- [00:01:47.840]will allow you access to campus buildings.
- [00:01:51.090]Testing is not a substitute for good hygiene practices.
- [00:01:54.800]Continue to wear a mask, practice social distancing,
- [00:01:58.090]and wash your hands.
- [00:01:59.920]Thank you for keeping yourself
- [00:02:01.550]and our Cornhusker community safe.
- [00:02:03.950]Go Big Red.
- [00:02:05.015](upbeat music)
Log in to post comments