COVID-19 Saliva Testing
Instructions for on-campus testing.
Test results: go.unl.edu/covidportal
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:03.449]UNL will continue to provide saliva based diagnostic
testing for COVID-19 to further protect our campus community.
- [00:00:12.449]The test is simple, safe and available on both City and
- [00:00:19.019]View hours and locations online at covid19.unl.edu.
- [00:00:25.469]No appointment is necessary.
- [00:00:28.739]On the day of your test, drink plenty of water.
- [00:00:31.619]However, stop drinking water 10 minutes before your test.
- [00:00:36.119]30 minutes prior to your test, avoid nasal sprays,
food, chewing gum, tobacco products, mouthwash and
- [00:00:45.493]drinks other than water.
- [00:00:47.699]Arrive at a testing location with your N Card.
- [00:00:51.389]When you receive your collection kit, relax your mouth
and don't swallow.
- [00:00:56.219]Avoid coughing or sniffing.
- [00:00:58.649]Allow saliva to pool under your tongue.
- [00:01:02.549]Open the test tube lid and remove the straw wrapper.
- [00:01:06.359]Place the straw into the test tube.
- [00:01:08.699]Do not blow or force saliva into the straw.
- [00:01:12.629]Pull from the sides of the mouth and under the tongue
not from the back of your throat.
- [00:01:18.929]The liquid saliva not including bubbles should reach
the line marked around the test tube.
- [00:01:25.139]Remove the straw.
- [00:01:26.549]Close the tube until you hear a click and wipe the test
tube with the alcohol wipe.
- [00:01:32.729]Give your sample to the attendant and place all
remaining items inside the plastic bag and throw it
- [00:01:39.541]away in the designated waste bin.
- [00:01:41.789]Your test results will be available by midnight the
- [00:01:46.469]To view the result, login to the COVID portal: go.unl.edu/covidportal.
- [00:01:55.499]Thank you for keeping our Cornhusker community safe.
Log in to post comments