Craft Beer Marketing
UNL marketing professor Andre Maciel studied the factors that helped the craft beer industry grow.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:01.060]More consumers are filling their glasses
- [00:00:03.470]with craft beer.
- [00:00:04.870]The industry has grown
- [00:00:06.040]to more than 8,000 craft and microbreweries
- [00:00:08.900]across the country.
- [00:00:10.500]It's a remarkable growth, especially if we consider
- [00:00:13.510]that we're talking about small and medium companies
- [00:00:17.250]battling against large corporations.
- [00:00:20.527]Marketing expert Andre Maciel
- [00:00:22.540]says collaboration is the key.
- [00:00:25.040]His research on the craft beer industry suggests
- [00:00:27.860]by working together through trade associations,
- [00:00:30.720]the little guy can take on big beer.
- [00:00:33.590]So instead of saying, "This is enough, this is just us,
- [00:00:37.367]"we don't want more people sharing this market,"
- [00:00:40.620]they actually lower the barriers
- [00:00:42.530]for more breweries to come in
- [00:00:44.840]and to learn how to make good beer and build a reputation
- [00:00:48.560]for the whole collective of craft breweries.
- [00:00:52.020]Using a strategy called
- [00:00:53.570]collaborative market driving,
- [00:00:55.300]trade associations fight for legislative change,
- [00:00:58.680]build new markets,
- [00:01:00.250]and create a sense of purpose and loyalty among consumers.
- [00:01:04.560]So we're not here just to make money.
- [00:01:07.680]We're here to improve consumer choice
- [00:01:11.890]or to bring back the value in the history of beer
- [00:01:16.250]to the American people.
- [00:01:18.330]So there's this creation of a sense of cause
- [00:01:20.650]that really brings those breweries together
- [00:01:23.660]and those consumers together.
- [00:01:25.990]Other areas such as specialty coffee
- [00:01:28.220]and organic food have benefited
- [00:01:30.280]from collaborative marketing.
- [00:01:32.200]It's a strategy that ensures a wide variety of products
- [00:01:36.040]on tap for customers.
- [00:01:38.040](upbeat music)
Log in to post comments