Launching the Enrollment Scheduler
Instructions on how to launch the Enrollment Scheduler in MyRed.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:01.380]In this video,
- [00:00:02.310]you will learn how to launch the
Enrollment Scheduler, what you will
- [00:00:05.580]you will use to register for
classes for next semester.
- [00:00:10.290]You will also check your hold
and how to view your
- [00:00:14.640]registration time. First, you
will want to log into your,
- [00:00:18.000]MyRed account using
your NUID and password.
- [00:00:22.020]This is what the front page of your,
MyRed account should look like.
- [00:00:26.190]We will first view our
enrollment appointment time.
- [00:00:29.610]That will be under the messages
tab under the message center.
- [00:00:33.840]Go ahead and click on that.
- [00:00:37.290]Then you can click here for your spring
2021 priority registration enrollment
- [00:00:41.910]start time. You can click
to view more information,
- [00:00:44.880]and it will give you the date and
time in which you are able to start
- [00:00:48.210]registering. You will not be
able to register for classes
- [00:00:52.050]before this date and time,
- [00:00:54.660]you should also check to see if
you have any holds on your account.
- [00:00:58.500]You can do so by clicking
holds. If you have any holds,
- [00:01:03.000]you should look at getting those
resolved as quickly as possible,
- [00:01:07.140]as most holds prevent
registration for future terms.
- [00:01:13.200]Next we will launch the Enrollment
Scheduler. You can do so by clicking on the
- [00:01:17.670]enrollment tab,
- [00:01:21.420]make sure that it is set to spring 2021,
- [00:01:24.780]and then you will click
build schedule and enroll.
- [00:01:32.780]You will then again,
- [00:01:34.040]select spring 2021 and save and continue.
- [00:01:39.530]At this point,
- [00:01:40.370]you can select the campuses
you want to take your classes.
- [00:01:44.510]Most of our students
will have city campus,
- [00:01:47.000]East campus and distance delivery checked.
- [00:01:49.370]So you can uncheck Nebraska Innovation
campus and Cedar Point research center
- [00:01:53.540]if you would like, and then you
can click save and continue.
- [00:01:58.040]It will bring you to the front
page of the Enrollment Scheduler.
- [00:02:02.300]You can see up here are the
different filters with course status.
- [00:02:06.680]You can look at
- [00:02:08.150]looking at courses that are open only,
open and full with a wait list and open
- [00:02:12.590]and full. You should look at the
open classes only at this point.
- [00:02:18.350]Next is the campuses, if you
want to edit that, you can do so here.
- [00:02:24.300]Instruction modes- you
- [00:02:28.700]the delivery method you
want for your courses.
- [00:02:31.070]You should have selected
in-person, online distance class,
- [00:02:34.760]online class with on-campus
testing and web conferencing.
- [00:02:40.610]Once you have selected
those, go ahead and hit save,
- [00:02:43.970]and then you can move over here. This
is again how you change the term.
- [00:02:47.120]You're going to want to make
sure it says spring 2021.
- [00:02:51.200]Then you can come here
and look at the sessions.
- [00:02:54.590]If you are enrolling for
the three week term only,
- [00:02:57.620]you're only going to want one selected.
- [00:03:00.220]We are looking to register
for the full spring term.
- [00:03:02.980]So we are going to do the
regular academic session only.
- [00:03:06.550]And then you hit save.
- [00:03:09.820]Once you have edited your filters up here,
- [00:03:12.520]you can get into the
course selection process.
- [00:03:15.790]You will go ahead and click the add
course button right here at the center of
- [00:03:19.780]the screen. Before you add your courses,
- [00:03:22.420]you should consult with an academic
advisor to make sure that you are taking
- [00:03:26.350]classes to progress in your area or major.
- [00:03:30.340]There are many different ways you
can add the courses. First is by
- [00:03:35.050]adding them individually. We will
do some sample courses. Again,
- [00:03:39.700]you should check with your academic
advisor about which courses to take.
- [00:03:44.050]Let's do a chemistry 109,
general chemistry one.
- [00:03:47.130]It gives you a course
description that you can read.
- [00:03:49.960]Once you have selected that, you
can go ahead and hit add course.
- [00:03:53.800]Some courses will have additional
courses that you need to register with.
- [00:03:58.330]Most of the sciences
will have a lab as well.
- [00:04:01.120]You can not enroll in one
without the other in most cases.
- [00:04:05.320]So you should also include the lab.
- [00:04:11.730]And then we can go ahead and
look at adding some other courses
- [00:04:38.670]So this is one way that you
can add courses manually.
- [00:04:41.940]You can also use the
degree planner tab.
- [00:04:45.450]Once you have completed
a degree plan,
- [00:04:49.140]you can upload your courses
and pull them in automatically.
- [00:04:52.260]The degree planner can be found under
the academics tab on the front page of
- [00:04:56.820]your MyRed. See an academic
advisor for questions on that.
- [00:05:01.470]You can also search by ACE courses only.
- [00:05:05.280]So if you just have an ACE five that you
need to take for this coming semester,
- [00:05:09.450]and it does not matter which one you take,
- [00:05:11.610]you can click on that and
view the different subjects.
- [00:05:16.830]And then you can see what the course
offerings are within that subject
- [00:05:20.220]within that ACE category.
- [00:05:25.200]Once you have selected the
courses that you want to go with,
- [00:05:28.380]go ahead and click done.
- [00:05:31.320]It will now bring you to the front
page of the Enrollment Scheduler.
- [00:05:36.930]Over here, you can add breaks.
- [00:05:39.780]Let's say you want to sleep in,
- [00:05:43.350]so you don't want any classes
from 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM.
- [00:05:47.220]ny day of the week, you title it,
- [00:05:52.020]you put in your dates and times,
and then you go ahead and add break.
- [00:05:57.620]And let's say you work in the evening.
- [00:06:01.940]So you don't want any classes
after 5:00 PM any day of the week.
- [00:06:08.930]Add break,
- [00:06:09.890]you will want to make sure that all of
these courses are checked on both sides
- [00:06:15.950]here and the next video we'll show you how
to generate schedules and look through
Log in to post comments