K. Registration Video #10: Edit a variable credit class
In this video you will learn how to edit a variable credit class.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:01.990]In this video,
- [00:00:03.260]we'll review variable credit courses
- [00:00:06.070]and how to set the credit numbers
- [00:00:07.610]both before and after registering.
- [00:00:10.680]At UNL, most courses have a set credit number
- [00:00:14.700]for each semester.
- [00:00:16.520]There are some classes that allow students
- [00:00:18.860]to select a number of credits to take it for,
- [00:00:21.940]usually after discussion with the instructor.
- [00:00:25.320]This could be an independent study course
- [00:00:27.540]or a special topics course
- [00:00:29.370]or even a course required for your major.
- [00:00:34.090]You'll see that a course is variable credit
- [00:00:37.960]after you click View and you get to the planning page,
- [00:00:42.080]you can see here, one to three credit hours.
- [00:00:45.790]After I send the class to the shopping cart,
- [00:00:48.480]I have the option of choosing
- [00:00:50.330]how many credits I want to take.
- [00:00:52.890]I'll choose two.
- [00:00:55.854]So now I've sent the class to my shopping cart
- [00:00:58.020]and you can still see it's a variable credit class,
- [00:01:01.370]but you can see that I've selected two credits.
- [00:01:04.640]So now I'm going to click Register.
- [00:01:11.820]And I've been registered for this class for two credits.
- [00:01:16.480]If I want to change the number of credits,
- [00:01:19.800]I can click on the Edit or Drop Class option
- [00:01:23.350]and change the credits to one or three.
- [00:01:28.440]This can be done up through the sixth day of classes,
- [00:01:32.410]which is the last day to make changes
- [00:01:34.330]to your schedule online.
- [00:01:36.430]You can see now I'm taking one credit.
- [00:01:40.040]If you're taking a variable credit class
- [00:01:42.550]and you don't know how many credits to take,
- [00:01:44.960]you should contact the instructor for more information.
Log in to post comments