I. Registration Video #8: Drop a class
In this video you will learn how to drop a class.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:01.990]In this video, we'll review
- [00:00:03.710]how to drop a class.
- [00:00:05.740]There are two ways you can do this.
- [00:00:07.710]The first way is through MyRED.
- [00:00:10.220]You'll click on the Enrollment button
- [00:00:13.150]and then the Drop button.
- [00:00:17.080]This will bring up a full list of classes for the semester.
- [00:00:21.650]To drop a class, you simply click
- [00:00:23.610]on the class you want to drop
- [00:00:25.370]and select the Drop Class option.
- [00:00:28.920]The statement that comes up refers to your financial aid.
- [00:00:33.450]If you're dropping the class in the middle of the semester,
- [00:00:36.400]you should talk to the Husker Hub about that,
- [00:00:38.920]how that could impact your funding.
- [00:00:42.140]This screen also shows what your refund will be
- [00:00:44.740]if you drop the class.
- [00:00:46.560]As long as the class is dropped
- [00:00:48.340]on or before the sixth day of classes in a regular semester,
- [00:00:53.210]you'll receive a 100% refund.
- [00:00:56.320]This class is occurring
- [00:00:57.950]during the three-week session in December,
- [00:01:00.240]and so I'll have a much shorter time after the classes start
- [00:01:04.440]to drop it if I decide to drop it.
- [00:01:07.320]That information is available in the academic calendar
- [00:01:10.500]on the UNL website.
- [00:01:13.350]If you aren't sure if you should drop a class
- [00:01:15.900]for the semester,
- [00:01:17.300]I recommend contacting your advisor
- [00:01:19.400]and asking if it would be wise to make that decision.
- [00:01:24.820]If you click Continue,
- [00:01:28.750]you'll see that the class is no longer on my schedule.
- [00:01:33.170]The second way to drop a class
- [00:01:35.233]is to go through the enrollment scheduler.
- [00:01:38.660]Click Build Schedule and Enroll.
- [00:01:42.490]And you can bypass the filters at the beginning
- [00:01:45.050]by clicking on Current Schedule.
- [00:01:48.170]You'll select the Edit or Drop Class option,
- [00:01:51.790]click the Drop button and Save.
- [00:01:55.440]You'll receive a similar message and then confirm,
- [00:02:01.370]and you'll have the option to confirm one more time
- [00:02:06.200]before the class is removed
- [00:02:08.160]and you get the message that says
- [00:02:10.330]it's been successfully removed from the schedule,
- [00:02:13.790]and now it says I have no classes in my schedule.
- [00:02:18.070]That's how you drop a class.
Log in to post comments