H. Registration Video #7: Wait Lists
In this video you will learn the processing of being added to the wait list for a class.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:01.670]In this video, we'll review the process
- [00:00:04.660]of being put on a wait list for a full class in MyRED.
- [00:00:08.770]It's important to know that not all classes in MyRED
- [00:00:12.350]have a wait list,
- [00:00:13.710]and many of the CEHS departments use a wait list
- [00:00:17.260]that's independent of MyRED.
- [00:00:20.380]Your advisor will send information out
- [00:00:22.690]about how to get on these wait lists
- [00:00:24.810]around registration time
- [00:00:27.380]and those messages will go to your Huskers email account,
- [00:00:30.030]so it's important to be watching for messages
- [00:00:32.000]from your advisor.
- [00:00:34.870]To be able to see classes that have a wait list,
- [00:00:38.990]if you believe the class is full,
- [00:00:41.110]you want the status to say Open and Full
- [00:00:43.720]with a Wait List Open.
- [00:00:46.100]That means if a class is full
- [00:00:48.840]and there is a wait list option,
- [00:00:50.820]the class will show up in your search.
- [00:00:56.800]So you'll want to go through the registration process
- [00:00:59.670]like any other class.
- [00:01:02.190]We can see here that there are no seats open
- [00:01:05.750]for the Journalism 422 class
- [00:01:10.240]in the three-week December session.
- [00:01:13.060]So I'm going to put myself on the wait list
- [00:01:16.180]by clicking Send to Shopping Cart
- [00:01:19.090]and on this screen,
- [00:01:20.820]I want to click the Wait List button option
- [00:01:25.370]and then I can select Finish.
- [00:01:30.190]From here, I'm still not on the wait list for the class.
- [00:01:35.500]It's only in my shopping cart.
- [00:01:37.890]I need to select the Register button
- [00:01:40.580]before I can be put on the wait list.
- [00:01:45.840]And now you can see the class is full
- [00:01:48.990]and I've been successfully placed on the wait list
- [00:01:51.490]in position number 13.
- [00:01:55.750]If I do get a seat in the class because someone has dropped
- [00:02:00.920]and my name comes up on the wait list,
- [00:02:03.660]I'll receive a message from MyRED
- [00:02:06.130]that tells me I can register for the class.
- [00:02:09.540]If I don't register in the time allowed,
- [00:02:12.050]MyRED will automatically move
- [00:02:13.810]to the next person on the list.
- [00:02:16.330]Those messages will go to your Huskers email account.
- [00:02:21.070]You can tell that you've been wait-listed
- [00:02:23.900]when you look in your current schedule
- [00:02:25.760]and see that the status is wait-listed.
- [00:02:30.480]You can also check from MyRED
- [00:02:35.090]by clicking on the View Schedule option
- [00:02:39.000]in the Enrollment tab.
- [00:02:45.210]You can see here that I've been wait-listed for this class.
- [00:02:52.400]And that's it.
Log in to post comments