Chloe's Honors Experience
Hear from Chloe about Honors Experiences.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:11.310]Hi, my name is Chloe Higgins,
- [00:00:13.350]and I am a junior economics major in the Honors Program
- [00:00:16.470]and in the Nebraska Business Honors Academy.
- [00:00:19.140]This summer, I have the privilege of serving
- [00:00:21.400]as the hometown intern coordinator
- [00:00:23.630]for the Nebraska Community Foundation.
- [00:00:25.720]So I got to oversee a bunch of interns who are working
- [00:00:28.360]in their hometowns across the state,
- [00:00:30.780]creating a positive change
- [00:00:32.390]through community development projects related to things
- [00:00:35.470]they're interested in,
- [00:00:36.303]whether that be media and journalism,
- [00:00:38.560]or the arts, or conservation.
- [00:00:40.830]And I even got to work
- [00:00:41.930]alongside some of my fellow Honors students.
- [00:00:45.120]I also got to serve as a hometown intern last summer,
- [00:00:48.340]also through the Honors Program
- [00:00:49.730]and the Community Foundation.
- [00:00:51.570]And this experience has provided me
- [00:00:53.550]with so many real-world experiences
- [00:00:56.150]of actually enacting positive change in my hometown,
- [00:01:00.190]and has even helped me realize what I want to do
- [00:01:02.340]with my future career,
- [00:01:03.340]which is working in rural economic development.
- [00:01:06.400]And I wouldn't have learned any of these things
- [00:01:08.170]if it hadn't been
- [00:01:09.100]through these opportunities that were provided to me
- [00:01:11.240]by the Honors Program.
Log in to post comments