Rik Barrera Welcomes You to the College of Business
Rik Barrera encourages you to get out of your comfort zone and Start Something.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:03.620]I'm Rik Barrera, associate dean
- [00:00:05.690]for student services, inclusion,
- [00:00:08.290]and chief operating officer for the College of Business.
- [00:00:12.440]I'm answering the question for you today,
- [00:00:14.470]what advice would you offer incoming students
- [00:00:17.830]to the College of Business?
- [00:00:20.150]I would have to say immerse yourself
- [00:00:22.460]in the college and the university experience.
- [00:00:25.200]Try new things, meet new people,
- [00:00:28.560]get involved, experience different cultures.
- [00:00:32.760]We offer a welcoming and inclusive environment,
- [00:00:35.610]so get involved and get out of your comfort zone.
- [00:00:38.810]There are people I met while in college,
- [00:00:41.310]through intermural sports,
- [00:00:43.150]student organizations and classes,
- [00:00:46.090]that I am still in contact with today.
- [00:00:49.020]This is truly where you'll begin
- [00:00:50.940]to establish your network
- [00:00:52.940]that will carry forward for the rest of your life.
- [00:00:56.410]You know, we have a catchphrase in the college
- [00:00:58.640]that says "Start something."
- [00:01:02.110]So welcome to the College of Business.
- [00:01:04.440]Now get out there and start something today.
Log in to post comments