24. NW13493 - 2020 Eastern Nebraska Winter Wheat Variety Trial Virtual Tour
Discussion of experimental variety NW13493 from the UNL Breeding Program
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:01.300]This first line is NW13493.
- [00:00:04.760]It's an experimental line.
- [00:00:06.500]It has right now we think great utility and organic wheat,
- [00:00:09.730]but it's a white wheat,
- [00:00:10.710]which means you need a market for it.
- [00:00:13.610]If it were a red wheat,
- [00:00:14.520]we would have released it because its agronomics are superb.
- [00:00:17.940]It's got very good leaf, stripe and stem rust resistance.
- [00:00:21.620]It's got soil-borne mosaic virus resistance,
- [00:00:24.300]tremendous yield package,
- [00:00:25.900]beautiful test weight, excellent grain quality,
- [00:00:29.460]and has just done really well.
- [00:00:31.380]What you wanna know in Eastern Nebraska,
- [00:00:33.150]if you ever grow this wheat,
- [00:00:34.370]it's got very good scab tolerance.
- [00:00:36.750]It's not quite as good as over limit right underneath it
- [00:00:39.590]and it also doesn't sprout.
- [00:00:43.430]It's a very low sprouting white wheat,
- [00:00:45.270]so it's got everything you need in a white wheat.
- [00:00:47.710]And it'd be ideal, we think across the state,
- [00:00:51.090]but specifically,
- [00:00:52.550]any place where you need a good white wheat
- [00:00:54.594](upbeat music)
Log in to post comments