15. WB4269 - 2020 Eastern Nebraska Winter Wheat Variety Trial Virtual Tour
Discussion of variety WB4269 from WestBred
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.630]The next variety is from WestBred.
- [00:00:02.410]It's WestBred 4269.
- [00:00:04.523]It was actually released back in 2017.
- [00:00:07.090]It's been in the variety trials for three years,
- [00:00:09.120]here in eastern Nebraska.
- [00:00:10.110]This'll be the fourth year that we've evaluated it.
- [00:00:13.400]Intermediate for Fusarium Head Blight resistance,
- [00:00:15.470]not quite as good as necessarily what I've seen with Zenda,
- [00:00:18.160]and it's counterpart 4699 in Overland,
- [00:00:20.720]but still pretty good.
- [00:00:21.870]Overall, disease-resistant package,
- [00:00:23.390]pretty good for eastern Nebraska resistant to soil-borne,
- [00:00:25.860]fairly good resistance to leaf and stripe rust,
- [00:00:28.570]so it's been pretty consistent.
- [00:00:30.100]It is on the earlier side for maturity.
- [00:00:32.240]It's also a very short variety
- [00:00:33.700]and it does come out, or green up, a little bit later
- [00:00:35.578]so in terms of early-frost risk
- [00:00:37.591]a little less risk there than some other varieties.
- [00:00:40.770]In terms of yield performance,
- [00:00:42.140]it's been hanging with the rest.
- [00:00:43.570]It necessarily hasn't floated to the top
- [00:00:45.850]necessarily like I've seen from WestBred 4303,
- [00:00:49.630]for example, or 4699 for yield potential
- [00:00:52.570]in the WestBred lineup.
- [00:00:53.760]But a very good variety for growers
- [00:00:56.010]that are a little bit more concerned about scab
- [00:00:57.684]and want something to diversify their maturity and risk
- [00:01:00.760]with a little bit earlier maturing variety.
- [00:01:02.757](upbeat music)
Log in to post comments