Pesticide Certification Requirements 2020
Video briefly describes certification requirements for Nebraska Pesticide Applicators.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.000]So, who needs a license?
- [00:00:03.516]Anyone applying restricted use pesticides
- [00:00:05.995]in Nebraska is required to have
- [00:00:07.985]a pesticide applicator license.
- [00:00:09.845]Restricted use pesticides are defined
- [00:00:12.085]by their toxicity or their potential hazard
- [00:00:14.515]to the environment.
- [00:00:16.114]Commercial applicators using general use pesticides
- [00:00:19.469]in the ornamental, turf, or structural fields
- [00:00:23.359]are also required to have a license.
- [00:00:25.519]There are 3 types of pesticide applicator licenses
- [00:00:28.309]in Nebraska: commercial, noncommercial, and private.
- [00:00:32.435]Commercial licenses apply to people
- [00:00:35.355]applying to the property of another
- [00:00:37.535]for hire or compensation.
- [00:00:39.225]A noncommercial license
- [00:00:40.909]is for someone applying to property owned
- [00:00:43.529]or directly controlled by their employer.
- [00:00:45.959]It’s specific to one employer,
- [00:00:47.824]so you must update your employment
- [00:00:50.154]information with the Nebraska Department of Ag
- [00:00:53.016]to maintain your noncommercial license.
- [00:00:55.476]And the third type is a private license.
- [00:00:57.786]This is for people applying pesticides
- [00:01:00.026]on land owned by you or your employer
- [00:01:02.426]in the production of an agricultural commodity.
- [00:01:05.464]You must both certified and licensed
- [00:01:07.714]to purchase and apply RUP products to your land.
- [00:01:10.634]You can become certified by attending
- [00:01:12.984]a Nebraska Department of Agriculture
- [00:01:15.334]approved training course, OR completing an
- [00:01:18.004]NDA-approved self-study course like this one,
- [00:01:20.694]OR completing a graded examination administered by the NDA.
- [00:01:24.694]Once you have successfully completed
- [00:01:27.034]this training course, you will be certified.
- [00:01:29.464]Certification is valid for 3 years.
- [00:01:31.424]After you’re certified,
- [00:01:32.864]NDA will contact you about licensing.
- [00:01:35.386]You become licensed by paying
- [00:01:37.396]a license fee to NDA. This is separate
- [00:01:40.120]from Nebraska Extension training fees.
- [00:01:42.610]You can pay your license fee at
- [00:01:44.571]any time during the 3-year certification period,
- [00:01:47.341]but the fee must be paid
- [00:01:49.021]and a license must be issued by the NDA
- [00:01:51.461]before you can purchase or apply RUPs.
- [00:01:54.057]In Nebraska, the minimum age for all
- [00:01:56.397]certified/licensed applicators is 18 years.
Log in to post comments