Stephanie Bondi Faculty Profile
Faculty Profile of Stephanie Bondi
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:03.880]My name is Stephanie Bondi,
- [00:00:05.490]and I am a Professor of Practice at UNL.
- [00:00:09.980]Before coming to UNL I worked
- [00:00:11.880]on a variety of college campuses.
- [00:00:14.510]I have worked in Resident's Life,
- [00:00:17.220]and I've worked with Student Conduct,
- [00:00:19.950]and with student organizations and in the Student Union
- [00:00:24.650]on a variety of different size campuses,
- [00:00:27.060]small campuses, medium campuses,
- [00:00:29.220]even an online university.
- [00:00:32.300]So I advise in the Student Affairs Master's Program.
- [00:00:36.320]I teach classes like the Research class,
- [00:00:40.430]and Higher Education and the Law,
- [00:00:42.790]and Program Evaluation and Assessment.
- [00:00:45.960]And I advise Master students,
- [00:00:49.710]and I coordinate the Student Affairs Program.
- [00:00:54.800]So as the Coordinator of the Student Affairs Program
- [00:00:57.560]I help make sure students understand
- [00:01:01.330]the requirements of the program.
- [00:01:03.500]I provide a lot of information
- [00:01:05.350]about what's going on on campus
- [00:01:07.690]so that students know opportunities
- [00:01:10.390]to attend student events or get involved
- [00:01:13.990]with some professional development,
- [00:01:16.790]or to learn more about the profession.
- [00:01:19.980]I really like working in educational administration
- [00:01:23.350]because people are generally glad to see me
- [00:01:26.890]when I show up, and we have a lot of fun together.
- [00:01:30.670]People are interested in what I'm doing,
- [00:01:33.180]and I'm interested in what all of our students are doing,
- [00:01:36.540]so it's a nice place to have those connections,
- [00:01:39.830]to come in, to do our work,
- [00:01:41.390]but to enjoy doing it with each other.
- [00:01:44.380]I would say a successful student
- [00:01:46.790]is somebody who's willing to come in and try things out,
- [00:01:50.800]and it doesn't always work the way
- [00:01:52.350]that they expect it to work,
- [00:01:54.140]but in education there aren't very clear answers,
- [00:01:56.950]and the way that we approach things
- [00:01:59.910]depends on the specific situation,
- [00:02:02.400]and so our students really need
- [00:02:04.670]to be able to be adaptable,
- [00:02:07.870]and what we teach in our classes
- [00:02:09.530]is not the right way to do things,
- [00:02:12.420]but ways to analyze problems,
- [00:02:14.980]so that in different situations
- [00:02:17.110]students can figure out for themselves
- [00:02:19.830]what's gonna work in that situation,
- [00:02:21.750]what the student's needs are,
- [00:02:23.800]and how they can really support students in their success
- [00:02:28.270]in college in their growth and development.
Log in to post comments