Welcome to the College of Arts and Sciences
Mark Button, Dean of the college, welcomes new students.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.607](upbeat music)
- [00:00:03.230]Welcome to the College of Arts and Sciences.
- [00:00:05.880]Although we would rather start this journey
- [00:00:07.530]with you face-to-face in the Nebraska union,
- [00:00:10.110]please know that we're thrilled that you're a Husker
- [00:00:12.550]and we are ready to navigate these unusual times together.
- [00:00:16.360]No matter the circumstances, you will have opportunities
- [00:00:19.160]to let your curiosity and passion move you
- [00:00:21.450]to discover and study something you love.
- [00:00:24.530]As a dean, my aspiration for every student
- [00:00:27.260]in the College of Arts and Sciences
- [00:00:28.820]is that you'll have at least
- [00:00:29.870]one transformative learning experience
- [00:00:32.160]during your time at Nebraska.
- [00:00:33.900]Whether it is through research, an internship,
- [00:00:37.140]leading a student organization,
- [00:00:38.940]or a study abroad opportunity.
- [00:00:41.270]To help you along the way, your academic advisor
- [00:00:44.070]is a critical resource dedicated to your academic,
- [00:00:47.060]personal, and professional success.
- [00:00:50.350]The college's academic advisors work closely
- [00:00:52.760]with our faculty to provide you with overall support
- [00:00:55.980]and discipline-specific expertise.
- [00:00:59.110]I encourage you to get to know them
- [00:01:01.000]and those teaching your courses.
- [00:01:03.080]Introduce yourself and take advantage of office hours,
- [00:01:06.240]whether that's in person or online.
- [00:01:09.460]Our career coaches are another great resource for you.
- [00:01:12.770]They can help you explore career options,
- [00:01:15.410]identify ways to build transferrable skills
- [00:01:17.960]and experiences, and they're here to help you prepare
- [00:01:20.940]to apply for internships, jobs, or graduate school.
- [00:01:25.840]Know that we are dedicated to your success
- [00:01:28.390]and your degree from the College of Arts and Sciences
- [00:01:30.530]will prepare you for what today's employers are looking for;
- [00:01:33.560]individuals who can think critically, communicate clearly,
- [00:01:37.230]and work creatively and effectively
- [00:01:39.130]with diverse groups of people.
- [00:01:41.510]I look forward to seeing you on campus this fall
- [00:01:43.900]and connecting at our College of Arts
- [00:01:45.720]and Sciences kick-off event.
- [00:01:47.690]Until then, welcome to the college,
- [00:01:50.440]welcome to Nebraska, and go big red!
- [00:01:52.970](upbeat music)
Log in to post comments