NvolveU & You: News Tool
Check out the News Tool on NvolveU
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.750]Hello today on NvolveU & you,
- [00:00:03.360]we will do a quick walk
through of the news tool. First,
- [00:00:06.540]how you can view news articles, and then
how you can go about creating a news
- [00:00:10.170]article. The news tool allows you
to keep your members as well as the,
- [00:00:14.010]NvolveU community
- [00:00:15.180]up to date on all of your latest
news. With a format similar to a blog,
- [00:00:19.800]folks can view a quick summary of the
most recent news or drill down to view the
- [00:00:24.330]full contents of each post. View the most
recent news from around NvolveU,
- [00:00:28.800]simply navigate to the homepage
of NvolveU. From there,
- [00:00:32.520]you can click on the news
tab and the top banner,
- [00:00:34.950]or scroll down past your memberships
and events until you see the latest news
- [00:00:44.630]To see a news post, specifically from your
RSO, navigate to your organizations,
- [00:00:49.160]public or explore page and scroll
until you see news posts listed.
- [00:00:56.690]To create a news article, First,
- [00:00:58.580]you will want to navigate to the manage
view of the RSO for which you would
- [00:01:02.750]like to post on behalf.
- [00:01:07.370]Open up the organization tool drawer
located on the left-hand side and click
- [00:01:11.720]news. Then click the blue, create
article button to get started.
- [00:01:20.780]Various questions on the page
- [00:01:22.280]will ask you for a title, summary,
and the content of the article.
- [00:01:26.450]Although not required to
post your news article,
- [00:01:29.390]select an image that captures
the story of your news post.
- [00:01:32.900]This image will appear in the
news ticker next to your summary,
- [00:01:36.230]as well as at the top of your articles,
- [00:01:38.080]so you will want it to
be visually appealing.
- [00:01:40.820]Upload the image by clicking choose file,
- [00:01:43.100]and then select the image
you wish to include.
- [00:01:45.590]Do not forget to also include an
image caption. After the header is the
- [00:01:50.240]visibility settings. This allows you to
determine who can see your news post.
- [00:01:55.190]You have a few options, as far
as this goes; public-anyone,
- [00:01:59.180]and everyone could potentially see it,
Institution-only students, faculty,
- [00:02:03.710]and staff, and UNL, organization-
- [00:02:06.560]only those individuals who are currently
on the RSOs roster in NvolveU,
- [00:02:11.090]and private-will prompt you to choose
specific positions in the organization who
- [00:02:15.710]should be able to access
the article. Finally,
- [00:02:18.680]select whether you would like to notify
members of your organization that this
- [00:02:22.550]news article has been shared. When you
notify members, an email will be sent,
- [00:02:26.960]including the title summary of the
article, and a link to view the full post.
- [00:02:31.910]When you're finished, hit save at
the bottom to create your posts.
- [00:02:35.420]If you would like to delete a
news article from your site,
- [00:02:38.420]you'll first want to navigate to the
news tool located in the organization tool drawer,
- [00:02:42.470]which we mentioned
before. From there,
- [00:02:46.040]select the article from your article
list that you'd like to delete. On the top
- [00:02:50.390]right of the page, there is a
box labeled article actions,
- [00:02:53.690]click delete article to fully remove
the article from your site. For more
- [00:02:58.610]RSO resources,
- [00:03:00.110]visit our website at involved.
unl.edu or stop by our office
- [00:03:05.000]in the Nebraska union.
Log in to post comments