Go Big Grad | Conferral of Degrees
Chancellor Ronnie Green confers degrees to the class of 2020.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.101]("There Is No Place Like Nebraska")
- [00:00:03.490]It's now my honor to confer your degree.
- [00:00:07.630]By authority of the state of the Nebraska
- [00:00:10.130]vested in the University of Nebraska's Board of Regents
- [00:00:13.700]and upon recommendation from the faculty,
- [00:00:16.610]I am pleased to confer upon each of you
- [00:00:19.830]a degree from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- [00:00:22.960]according to your particular curriculum and course of study
- [00:00:26.470]with all of the associated honors,
- [00:00:29.130]privileges, and responsibilities.
- [00:00:32.330]Now, to make official your status as Husker graduates,
- [00:00:37.060]I've asked an old friend to help us out.
- [00:00:40.590]On my direction, I'll ask you
- [00:00:42.770]to move your tassel from right to left.
- [00:00:47.220]Class of 2020, please turn your tassel.
- [00:00:51.758](triumphant music)
- [00:00:56.770]And with that, you are a Nebraska graduate.
- [00:01:00.550]I can't wait to see you back on our campus
- [00:01:02.900]to participate in a future commencement ceremony
- [00:01:05.910]or just to visit your alma mater.
- [00:01:08.590]Although everything's disrupted,
- [00:01:10.680]we're glad there's one thing they can't cancel,
- [00:01:14.010]your bright future and impact on the world.
- [00:01:17.570]On behalf of the entire Husker community,
- [00:01:20.410]congratulations, graduates in the class of 2020.
- [00:01:24.190]Stay safe, be strong, and, as always, go Big Red.
- [00:01:34.811]Go Big Red, go Big Red!
Log in to post comments