189H: A World of Music
Learn about this interactive and engaging seminar from Professor Anthony Bushard!
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:04.870]Hi, I'm Doctor Bushard.
- [00:00:06.240]I am in the Glenn Korff School of Music,
- [00:00:08.414]Associate Professor of Music History at UNL
- [00:00:11.670]and I teach A World of Music for the Honors College
- [00:00:14.860]every fall for the first-year seminar.
- [00:00:17.460]And I've been asked to create a trailer
- [00:00:20.020]to hopefully entice and cajole you into taking this course.
- [00:00:25.300]So what better way to do a trailer than to do a trailer?
- [00:00:30.970]In a world of honors courses, only one dares
- [00:00:35.420]to ask the questions and answers the questions like,
- [00:00:39.437]"What in the world are they playing?"
- [00:00:43.460]You also, in A World of Music,
- [00:00:47.590]get to see the music.
- [00:00:51.244](exotic string music)
- [00:00:53.949](loud and piercing singing)
- [00:00:58.651](rhythmic drumming)
- [00:01:02.270]You also get to make music.
- [00:01:07.533](xylophones ping and tinkle rhythmically)
- [00:01:19.097](upbeat piano music)
- [00:01:22.000]♪ To get my morning meal ♪
- [00:01:25.158]♪ But as I got looks, sir ♪
- [00:01:27.782]♪ I thought, oh, God, this can't be real ♪
- [00:01:32.298]♪ It's the no Cheerios blues ♪
- [00:01:36.880]A World of Music, every Tuesday and Thursday,
- [00:01:40.050]11 o'clock to 12:15 in the Westbrook School of Music,
- [00:01:43.900]Room 109.
- [00:01:45.260]Get your ACE seven or ACE nine in A World of Music.
- [00:01:51.510]Go Huskers!
Log in to post comments