Loving Kindness Meditation
A short mediation to promote compassion towards friends, neighbors, and the world. Ambiant sounds from the Columbia River.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:01.829]Loving kindness.
- [00:00:04.980]Find your breath.
- [00:00:11.130]Feel the in breath.
- [00:00:14.965]Feel the out breath.
- [00:00:20.850]Think of someone you care about, like a good friend.
- [00:00:27.350]Imagine this person.
- [00:00:31.975]Feel all the affection, kindness,
- [00:00:35.640]you have for this person.
- [00:00:40.640]And send those feelings their way, saying to your friend,
- [00:00:48.370]may you be happy,
- [00:00:52.430]may you be safe,
- [00:00:56.359]may you be healthy.
- [00:01:02.310]Think of someone in your life who is a neutral person,
- [00:01:05.776]a neighbor, a striper, an office worker.
- [00:01:12.018]Imagine this person.
- [00:01:17.047]Just like your friend,
- [00:01:19.367]this person wants to have a good life.
- [00:01:23.480]Say to this person,
- [00:01:27.170]may you be happy,
- [00:01:30.640]may you be safe,
- [00:01:35.310]may you be healthy.
- [00:01:44.250]Think of someone in your life who is a difficult person,
- [00:01:47.710]in some small way.
- [00:01:55.510]Like you, your friend, and the neutral person,
- [00:01:59.757]this person too wants to enjoy their life.
- [00:02:06.311]Say to this person,
- [00:02:10.100]may you be happy,
- [00:02:13.310]may you be safe,
- [00:02:16.610]may you be healthy.
- [00:02:24.600]Think of all the people in your community,
- [00:02:27.520]region, country, and world.
- [00:02:37.370]Like you, all these people want to enjoy a good life.
- [00:02:43.690]Say to all of them,
- [00:02:46.590]may you be happy,
- [00:02:50.140]may you be safe,
- [00:02:53.855]may you be healthy.
- [00:03:02.830]Take a moment and find your breath again.
- [00:03:12.350]And exhale.
- [00:03:17.160]Notice how you feel after the meditation.
Log in to post comments