Messaging How-To RSOs
Check out the new video How-To Message
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.120]Hello today on NvolveU and you,
- [00:00:02.430]we are going to walk you
through the messaging tool.
- [00:00:05.790]Need to get in touch with your
members or send a meeting update?
- [00:00:08.970]The messaging tool provides a simple way
to send an email or text message to the
- [00:00:12.870]members of your RSO.
- [00:00:14.700]Let's walk through how to send a
message. Get to the manage view from the
- [00:00:19.380]NvolveU home page and select the
RSO you would like to communicate with.
- [00:00:23.580]From there, head to the roster in the
organization's tool drawer. Once on
- [00:00:27.900]the roster page, click on the
messaging link in the upper right corner.
- [00:00:31.530]From there, you'll have two
options for messaging relays,
- [00:00:34.740]which is the email messaging
piece and text messages.
- [00:00:38.580]We'll start with the relays option.
Click on the create relay button.
- [00:00:42.180]This will take you to the filtering page
so that you can select which members
- [00:00:45.690]you want your message to go to.
- [00:00:47.580]You can select by position type or select
specific members by clicking the edit
- [00:00:52.020]button under each piece. For example,
- [00:00:54.720]if you wanted to send a message
to your entire membership,
- [00:00:57.300]you could select member under positions.
If you only wanted certain members,
- [00:01:01.740]you could select them by editing
under the member section.
- [00:01:05.400]After you have selected your recipients,
- [00:01:07.440]enter a title for this
relay and select generate.
- [00:01:10.800]This will generate a
temporary relay address,
- [00:01:13.320]which is the email address in blue text.
- [00:01:15.870]Copy this address into an email
in your preferred email account,
- [00:01:19.770]then just compose and
send your message as normal.
- [00:01:23.850]If you're wanting to create
a message using text or SMS,
- [00:01:27.450]head back to your roster page
and click on the messaging,
- [00:01:30.000]but this time select texts and then Send Text Button.
- [00:01:33.720]But this will again take you to the
filter page so that you can select which
- [00:01:38.160]members you want your message to go
to. Just like before, you can select by
- [00:01:42.120]position type or select specific members
by clicking the edit button under each
- [00:01:47.400]Note that only members who allow text
messaging in their NvolveU preferences
- [00:01:51.480]will be able to be added. Once
you have your members selected,
- [00:01:54.720]compose your message and send away!
For other resources and tutorials,
- [00:01:59.340]check out our website at involved.unl.edu
or come visit our office on the
- [00:02:04.110]second floor, the Nebraska Union.
Log in to post comments