College of Business | Kennedy Johnston | Q6
How is the College of Business preparing you for a career?
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.320]The Nebraska College of Business is preparing me
- [00:00:02.700]for a career through like multiple things.
- [00:00:04.980]So a lotta the skills that I learn in class,
- [00:00:06.840]such as my time management skills, my communication,
- [00:00:09.160]teamwork, all of those things are gonna come into play
- [00:00:11.010]when I eventually have a professional career.
- [00:00:13.380]They also do different career fairs so if you are
- [00:00:15.840]like trying to prepare for a career and wanna get
- [00:00:17.660]that work experience, there's so many opportunities
- [00:00:19.730]available through the Nebraska College of Business
- [00:00:21.700]or university-wide.
- [00:00:23.250]On top of that, the Nebraska College of Business
- [00:00:25.300]has the Business Career Center where I actually work.
- [00:00:27.820]So here I learn so much about developing a strong resume,
- [00:00:30.840]writing a good cover letter, your reference pages,
- [00:00:33.040]the importance of LinkedIn and networking.
- [00:00:34.990]All of these things were taught to me through my employer,
- [00:00:37.500]but we also teach courses that are required for you to take,
- [00:00:40.160]such as Bus Ad 222, which focuses on writing
- [00:00:42.750]a strong resume, and Bus Ad 333, which focuses more
- [00:00:45.180]on cover letters and networking.
- [00:00:46.770]So we set you up pretty well for success
- [00:00:48.660]in the Nebraska College of Business.
- [00:00:50.319](upbeat music)
Log in to post comments