College of Arts and Sciences | Ben Schweigert | Q1
What was the biggest difference between high school and college for you?
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.320]So the biggest difference for me between
- [00:00:02.210]high school and college was that,
- [00:00:05.170]it was a big size jump.
- [00:00:06.530]So I didn't necessarily go to a small high school
- [00:00:09.040]but when I came to the university, it was much, much larger.
- [00:00:12.210]So the biggest thing would be classes.
- [00:00:15.070]Class sizes are hugely increased when you come to college
- [00:00:18.540]and that can be very scary and intimidating,
- [00:00:20.300]I know it was for me personally
- [00:00:22.090]but once you get into class,
- [00:00:23.300]it's really not that bad.
- [00:00:24.930]If you're scared or intimidated by the huge class size,
- [00:00:28.090]there's a very good chance that lots of other students
- [00:00:30.290]are too, so it's very easy to connect with them,
- [00:00:32.890]just turn to the person next to you,
- [00:00:33.940]say hey, I'm a freshman, this is a huge class,
- [00:00:36.390]I've never done this, what about you?
- [00:00:38.010]And there's a good chance they could say,
- [00:00:40.160]I'm in the exact same boat
- [00:00:41.540]and you can meet some new friends
- [00:00:43.620]that you have a lot I common with and stuff like that.
Log in to post comments