Husker Connect Advice: Using visuals within reports.
Learn a few tips on using visuals within reports. Video courtesy of the College of Business and the Business Career Center.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:04.690]I find the best effectiveness in utilizing visual reports,
- [00:00:08.400]especially in a report, anytime in use of graphics
- [00:00:12.680]or graphs, is to make sure that you have dramatic change.
- [00:00:16.220]If you're majoring something or you're trying
- [00:00:18.350]to compare two items if there's correlation or a causation,
- [00:00:22.800]graphics are a great way to highlight that change,
- [00:00:26.630]but it needs to be considerable.
- [00:00:28.180]If it's a 2% change,
- [00:00:30.050]probably not the best use to use a graphic or bar graph.
- [00:00:33.430]However, if there is a substantial change,
- [00:00:35.430]I think using a graph helps you highlight your point.
- [00:00:38.370]If anything, it's an aid
- [00:00:39.840]to help you really drive your point home.
- [00:00:42.240]That is when you should use those graphs,
- [00:00:44.760]otherwise if it's a very small change in your report,
- [00:00:49.030]I would go ahead and forgo that.
Log in to post comments