Only in Nebraska | Center for Research on Children, Youth, Families and Schools
The Nebraska Center for Research on Children, Youth, Families and Schools could only happen in Nebraska. Director Susan Sheridan explains.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.346](upbeat rock music)
- [00:00:02.310]Children are our future.
- [00:00:04.280]The very first few minutes,
- [00:00:06.210]days, months, and years of a child's life,
- [00:00:09.570]are critical.
- [00:00:10.657](upbeat rock music)
- [00:00:16.340]The center can only happen in Nebraska,
- [00:00:18.310]because of our place,
- [00:00:19.490]and our passion.
- [00:00:20.323]We're both big and small at the same time.
- [00:00:23.380]We're big in our actual capital and in spirit,
- [00:00:26.450]and we're at the center of everything.
- [00:00:28.150]Yet we're small enough to be nimble and flexible,
- [00:00:31.070]able to collaborate,
- [00:00:32.540]and together solve the kinds of challenges
- [00:00:34.770]that are facing children, youth, families and schools.
- [00:00:37.872](upbeat rock music)
- [00:00:50.118]We know how to work together,
- [00:00:52.270]and we understand that working together
- [00:00:54.500]will allow us to solve the kinds of problems
- [00:00:56.630]that are facing children and families,
- [00:00:58.177]in ways that none of us can do alone.
- [00:01:01.100]We have deep and long-lasting relationships
- [00:01:03.440]and partnerships with individuals across the state,
- [00:01:06.850]the nation, and the globe.
- [00:01:08.810](upbeat rock music)
- [00:01:15.570]My vision has grown and my convictions have strengthened.
- [00:01:18.750]More than ever before,
- [00:01:19.950]I believe that we can shape the future,
- [00:01:23.030]and the future starts in Nebraska.
Log in to post comments