Check out RSO Elections
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.150]Hello today on NvolveU & you,
- [00:00:02.550]we will be going over how to utilize the
elections tool for your organization.
- [00:00:06.840]The elections tool can be very helpful
in any sort of voting application from
- [00:00:10.830]electing new organization officers to
voting on a favorite t-shirt design. To get
- [00:00:15.540]started, head to the action
center for your organization.
- [00:00:18.510]through the manage view,
then click on elections,
- [00:00:21.090]which can be found in the
organization tool drawer.
- [00:00:23.850]Only organization advisors and officers
should have access to the elections tool.
- [00:00:28.350]From here, click the create
election button. Once on this page,
- [00:00:32.190]simply fill out the quick form with
the name of the election and any of the
- [00:00:35.430]additional instructions or information.
- [00:00:49.520]Below that you can choose
- [00:00:50.840]if your election should be active and
the date range or election should be
- [00:00:55.010]You can also choose to display an alert
on the organization's home page when the
- [00:00:58.790]election is active so that
members know that voting is open.
- [00:01:02.420]The last option is whether or not you
would like to allow users from outside of
- [00:01:05.990]your RSO to vote in the election. Next,
you will need to create your ballots,
- [00:01:10.160]which are essentially the pieces you
would like your organization to vote on.
- [00:01:13.910]To start creating your ballots,
- [00:01:15.470]click create ballot and through the
name of your ballot and select enable so
- [00:01:19.460]that all members of your
organization will be able to vote.
- [00:01:22.850]Then click "save" to
advance to the next page.
- [00:01:26.120]You'll then be taken to the form builder
where you can create your questions for
- [00:01:30.470]The builder will automatically save
your progress as you create questions,
- [00:01:34.190]and you can revise the title and access
of your ballot at any time by clicking
- [00:01:38.540]"form properties" in the upper right
- [00:01:43.190]When you're ready to move on click "back
to ballots" in the upper left corner.
- [00:01:47.240]You can create as many ballots
as needed and to do so,
- [00:01:50.030]you simply repeat the previous steps for
any additional ballots you would like
- [00:01:53.570]to create within the same election.
- [00:01:55.700]A great example for multiple ballots is
if you would like your members to vote
- [00:01:59.240]on officers and organization
policy changes at the same time.
- [00:02:03.350]Once all of your ballots are ready to go,
- [00:02:05.570]be sure your election is set to
active so that your members can vote.
- [00:02:09.590]When you are ready to view
the results of your election,
- [00:02:12.080]simply return to the elections tool
within your organization and select the
- [00:02:16.340]election that you would like to see the
results for. Clicking on the results tab
- [00:02:20.510]at the top will then allow you to
browse through the results by ballot.
- [00:02:24.830]Thank you for joining us today.
For more information and resources,
- [00:02:28.280]please visit our website at involved.unl.edu
or visit our office
- [00:02:33.170]on the second floor of the Nebraska Union.
Log in to post comments