RSO Event Check-In App
Learn how to use the New Event Check-In App
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.180]The event check-in app is a new feature
that makes attendance tracking easier
- [00:00:03.780]than ever for RSOs. Today.
- [00:00:06.150]We want to show you how your RSO can
utilize the app for recording event
- [00:00:10.740]taking roll call at your meetings or
any other tracking needs you might have.
- [00:00:15.300]But simple setup requires
two main components and event
pass for attending users
- [00:00:19.980]and the mobile app to scan
passes. The event pass,
- [00:00:23.010]which is available to all UNL students,
- [00:00:25.260]faculty and staff is similar
to a mobile boarding pass.
- [00:00:28.530]It is unique to each user and stays
with them throughout their time,
- [00:00:31.620]here at UNL.
- [00:00:32.880]The other half of the equation is scanning
those passes with the Campus Labs
- [00:00:36.510]Event Check-in App. Users do not need
to download an app to be checked in only
- [00:00:41.490]administrators who will be scanning
users in. Once you've downloaded the app,
- [00:00:46.080]open it up. The first screen will ask
you to enter an event access code,
- [00:00:49.770]which you can find on your
event page within NvolveU.
- [00:00:53.100]If you haven't created an event,
- [00:00:54.510]you'll need to do this first before you
can use the app to track attendance.
- [00:00:59.190]To locate the code,
- [00:01:00.240]navigate to the events through the
manage view of your organization.
- [00:01:03.900]The access code should appear in
the bottom right of the screen.
- [00:01:06.780]Once you click on the appropriate event.
- [00:01:12.150]Enter the event code into the mobile
app and tap start session. From there,
- [00:01:16.530]you'll be prompted to sign in
type in your UNL credentials,
- [00:01:20.220]and you'll be directed to the events
check-in page. Tap start scanning,
- [00:01:24.240]and you're ready to go. Position the
edges of the box over the edges of an
- [00:01:27.960]attendees event pass. As soon
as it recognizes the user,
- [00:01:31.110]it will display a box
with their basic details.
- [00:01:34.080]Tap check-in to confirm the user
and click OK to continue scanning.
- [00:01:38.430]If you come across an attendee
without a mobile pass, tap,
- [00:01:41.640]no pass, below the scanning area or select
lookup on the bottom mean. Search for
- [00:01:46.590]the attendee by name or email.
- [00:01:48.480]And when you find the right person tap
their name to confirm their check-in.
- [00:01:52.350]If the attendee is not in the
system, you can add them by email.
- [00:01:55.440]If you click the plus sign in the top,
- [00:01:57.150]right of the screen. Type in their
email address and hit submit.
- [00:02:03.420]When you're done checking
in your attendees,
- [00:02:05.520]there are no additional steps required.
- [00:02:07.590]You can close the app and all of your
attendance information we'll be saved in
- [00:02:11.240]NvolveU. For other
helpful RSO resources.
- [00:02:14.630]Be sure to check out our
website at involved.unl.edu or visit our
- [00:02:19.490]office on the second floor
of the Nebraska union.
Log in to post comments