Faculty 101: Cary Savage
Not all the action at Memorial Stadium is on the field. In this episode of Faculty 101 we tour the Center for Brain, Biology and Behavior.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.007](crowd cheering)
- [00:00:04.290]On game day, fans watch the action
- [00:00:06.107]on the field at Memorial Stadium, but behind the scenes...
- [00:00:10.540]This is the MRI scanner room, the control room.
- [00:00:12.830]Cary Savage is director
- [00:00:13.982]of the Center for Brain, Biology and Behavior
- [00:00:16.970]at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- [00:00:19.150]CB3 is a unique facility dedicated to understanding
- [00:00:23.220]the brain and its impact on human behavior.
- [00:00:26.620]So we have a 30,000-square-foot, full-functioning
- [00:00:28.865]neuroimaging center and salivary biosciences capabilities
- [00:00:33.560]built into the stadium.
- [00:00:34.870]There's no place else like that.
- [00:00:35.940]So we have the physical proximity,
- [00:00:37.980]but even more importantly,
- [00:00:38.813]we have an amazing collaboration with Athletics.
- [00:00:41.520]Researchers collaborate with Nebraska football
- [00:00:43.707]to study sports-related concussion,
- [00:00:46.610]but projects at CB3 cross multiple disciplines,
- [00:00:50.320]from improving treatment of stroke
- [00:00:52.230]to learning how the brain influences political beliefs.
- [00:00:55.890]There is nothing else like this in the world.
- [00:00:58.900]Starting with our physical relationship with Athletics,
- [00:01:01.230]and the partnership with Athletics,
- [00:01:02.580]the scientific partnership with Athletics,
- [00:01:04.590]diversity of the research that's going on here,
- [00:01:06.980]the diversity of our technology that we have access to,
- [00:01:09.610]the absolute cutting edge.
- [00:01:11.210]On this edition of "Faculty 101,"
- [00:01:13.310]Dr. Savage takes us on a tour of CB3 and tells us
- [00:01:16.900]why it's important to understand the complex organ
- [00:01:20.064]that is the human brain.
- [00:01:22.057](upbeat music)
Log in to post comments