Extension Resource - UNL Events
Information on adding an event on UNL Events at https://events.unl.edu.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.330]I’m here at events.unl.edu.
- [00:00:03.672]Go to your calendar by selecting
- [00:00:07.117]Select your calendar under
- [00:00:12.146]Here we have three tabs that show
pending, upcoming and past events.
- [00:00:21.192]You can add an event with the
‘New Event’ button.
- [00:00:24.861]On this page, anything with a
red asterisk is required.
- [00:00:28.744]I’ll go ahead and fill out a few fields.
- [00:00:42.972]Scrolling down, you can select what
type of activity this is,
- [00:00:46.596]such as a class or symposium.
- [00:00:49.533]The Location dropdown will give you
a lot of UNL campus locations.
- [00:00:56.330]If there’s a location you can’t find,
use the New Location option.
- [00:01:00.270]Here you can fill out the fields to
make a custom location.
- [00:01:04.250]If you want to use that location again
in the future, check the
- [00:01:07.250]‘Save this location for future events’
box to add it to your list of locations.
- [00:01:15.370]You can select a room and
time zone if applicable.
- [00:01:18.767]The start date and time is required,
but the end date and time are optional.
- [00:01:23.460]Use the calendar popup or
type in the date.
- [00:01:41.318]If the event happens weekly or monthly,
you can say it’s a recurring event,
- [00:01:45.112]and select how it recurs.
- [00:01:49.236]Directions and Additional Public Info
are both optional.
- [00:01:52.497]The text “Additional Public Info” will
appear on the event page,
- [00:01:55.873]so you may want to include
some text so it doesn’t look empty.
- [00:01:59.774]Scrolling back up, the
‘Consider for main UNL Calendar’ option
- [00:02:03.021]is required.
- [00:02:06.339]Contact info and Image will
appear on the event page.
- [00:02:09.422]The image will make a thumbnail
that users need to click on to view.
- [00:02:12.639]If you’re putting a flyer or poster here,
please make sure all the info on it is
- [00:02:16.550]also represented in the other
fields for easy viewing.
- [00:02:21.697]When you’re done, select ‘Submit event’.
- [00:02:25.326]If you need to edit an event, select the
event under the ‘Upcoming’ tab,
- [00:02:28.859]make your edits and click “Save Event”.
- [00:02:42.374]On the site you manage, the event
calendar widget will automatically pull
- [00:02:46.192]in any upcoming events with the
title, date and location.
- [00:02:53.203]Clicking on an event will take you to
the event page with all of the
- [00:02:56.410]event details.
- [00:02:57.922]You’ll notice since I put in nothing for
additional public info, it looks a little
- [00:03:03.664]If you need to edit an event,
go to manage events.
- [00:03:06.940]Find the event under ‘Upcoming’,
make your edits as necessary, and save.
- [00:03:12.144]Everything is automatically updated
on the event page and the extension site.
Log in to post comments