NvolveU Membership Requests
Learn how Membership Requests work
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.390]Hello today on NvolveU & you, we will
be talking about membership requests,
- [00:00:05.100]and what happens when students
click that join now button.
- [00:00:08.130]The first few weeks of classes are
typically heavy recruitment times for our
- [00:00:12.810]This means prospective new members might
be checking out your organization's
- [00:00:16.410]Portal page on NvolveU,
- [00:00:18.270]and if they think your RSO
is the right fit for them,
- [00:00:20.670]they might just click the join
button. So what happens next? Well,
- [00:00:24.420]once someone clicks join, a membership
request will be sent to the RSO's officers,
- [00:00:28.800]which they can view in their notifications
inbox located in their user drawer.
- [00:00:33.630]You can also view any membership requests
by navigating to the manage view of
- [00:00:37.920]your organization and selecting the
roster tool from the organization tool
- [00:00:41.850]drawer. You will see tabs at the top for
current, pending, and prospective members.
- [00:00:46.980]Pending members, or those who
have been invited to join the org,
- [00:00:49.830]but have not yet accepted that invitation.
- [00:00:55.910]Prospective members are those who have
discovered your organization and have
- [00:00:59.390]indicated they would like to join.
From the perspective members tab,
- [00:01:03.020]you can view those users who are
interested in joining your organization,
- [00:01:06.830]simply click approve or deny to
change their membership status.
- [00:01:10.880]You can also send any prospective member
a message prior to approval or denial
- [00:01:15.620]by selecting the checkbox
to the left of their name,
- [00:01:18.200]and then selecting send a message.
- [00:01:20.330]This is a great option for RSOs who
may want to meet prospective members in
- [00:01:24.710]or invite them to an RSO meeting before
making a decision about membership.
- [00:01:28.490]Now you are ready to grow your membership
and help new students find community
- [00:01:32.330]and engagement! For other
helpful RSO resources.
- [00:01:35.510]Be sure to check out
our website at
- [00:01:37.820]involved.unl.edu or visit our office on the
second floor of the Nebraska Union.
Log in to post comments