How to Access Care at Nebraska Medicine – University Health Center
Our peer educators explain everything you need to know before your first visit at Nebraska Medicine – University Health Center.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.315](cheerful music)
- [00:00:03.260]Welcome to the University Health Center.
- [00:00:04.660]We're proud to be the on campus
- [00:00:06.050]health care home for Nebraska students.
- [00:00:07.750]Here's what you need to know before visiting.
- [00:00:13.710]The new health center building
- [00:00:14.910]is located at 550 North 19th Street,
- [00:00:17.680]located across from the Eastside Suites.
- [00:00:20.360]If you're walking here, use our
- [00:00:21.600]West entrance that faces City Camps.
- [00:00:24.390]If you're commuting, we have a bike rack
- [00:00:26.160]located outside our building for your use.
- [00:00:28.650]A bus stops south of our building on route 25
- [00:00:31.660]and a parking lot located north of the building.
- [00:00:34.410]Be sure to park in the parking stalls
- [00:00:36.120]labeled as patient parking.
- [00:00:37.780]And register your vehicle at the check-in desk.
- [00:00:40.600]Making an appointment at the health center is easy.
- [00:00:42.840]You can do it over the phone or in person,
- [00:00:45.250]on the second floor at the check in desk.
- [00:00:47.510]If you're a return patient to the health center,
- [00:00:49.490]you can make follow-up appointments
- [00:00:50.920]through our One Chart phone app.
- [00:00:53.170]Same day appointments are limited
- [00:00:54.770]and reserved for students who are seriously sick or injured.
- [00:00:57.840]If you'd still like to be seen the same day,
- [00:01:00.150]call us at 402-472-5000 before you make the walk over.
- [00:01:08.260]You'll need your NCard, a photo ID,
- [00:01:10.870]and your insurance card to bring to your appointment
- [00:01:13.720]and a copy of your parents' insurance card is okay.
- [00:01:17.240]And additional paperwork may be required in some cases.
- [00:01:23.900]The check in desk for medical appointments
- [00:01:25.480]is on level two.
- [00:01:26.670]Arrive 20 minutes before, so you can fill out paperwork
- [00:01:28.990]and get checked in on time for your appointment.
- [00:01:31.200]If you parked in patient parking,
- [00:01:32.620]make sure you sign in your vehicle
- [00:01:33.930]and then wait for the next available receptionist.
- [00:01:36.820]Have your ID and insurance card ready to go while you wait.
- [00:01:43.740]We offer many services at the health center
- [00:01:45.440]to meet the students' holistic health care needs.
- [00:01:48.150]We have a full service pharmacy,
- [00:01:49.960]registered dietician, physical therapy,
- [00:01:52.760]counseling and psychological services,
- [00:01:54.840]a dental clinic and much more.
- [00:01:57.120]Go to health.unl.edu to learn more about
- [00:02:00.190]the services we offer.
- [00:02:02.020]The health center's a great resource for students.
- [00:02:04.030]Don't be afraid to use it.
- [00:02:05.740]Stay healthy, Huskers.
Log in to post comments