Extension Resources - Adding Images
Information on adding images to a Nebraska Extension site.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.000]To add an image, select “Insert/Edit Image”
from the toolbar.
- [00:00:04.743]In the popup window, we can either enter
the image URL or select the
- [00:00:09.044]Browse option to view the file browser.
- [00:00:11.864]In the file browser, navigate to the
site’s images, which will be listed under
- [00:00:15.777]the “Statewide” folder, followed by the
county and then the “Images” folder.
- [00:00:19.685]If our image is already in the folder,
we can select it by highlighting and
- [00:00:23.770]clicking ‘Insert File’.
- [00:00:25.652]Otherwise, we can upload our image with
the ‘Upload’ option before selecting it.
- [00:00:29.485]Ideally, images should be named with short,
descriptive words separated by hyphens
- [00:00:34.335]in lowercase.
- [00:00:35.652]For example, use bull-snake.jpg
instead of IMG_0015.jpg.
- [00:00:48.326]We’ll now complete the Image Description
field with text that describes the image.
- [00:00:52.505]This description will be used by screen
readers and search engines, and will
- [00:00:55.907]display if a user opts out of loading
images or the images fail to load.
- [00:00:59.940]This description is important for Search
Engine Optimization and web accessibility.
- [00:01:04.531]While the system will allow an image to be
uploaded without text in the Image Description
- [00:01:08.715]field, you should generally consider
this a required field.
- [00:01:12.611]We can optionally set the alignment, dimensions,
border, and vertical and horizontal
- [00:01:17.054]padding for the image.
- [00:01:19.101]Click ‘Insert’ to place the image
in the body.
- [00:01:21.610]Some page types include an ‘Images’ field
that displays an image in a set location
- [00:01:26.439]on the page.
- [00:01:28.264]Choose the file to insert and
- [00:01:30.978]Fill in the ‘Alternate text’ field.
- [00:01:32.903]Again, it is best to consider the
‘Alternate text’ a required field
- [00:01:35.992]for search engines and web accessibility.
- [00:01:39.176]Let’s preview our work,
and save when we are done editing.
Log in to post comments