Extension Resources - Adding Content
How to add a page or article for a Nebraska Extension website.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:01.125]Once logged in, a set of Administration
menus will appear at the top of the page.
- [00:00:05.341]Select “Add Content” from the gray menu.
- [00:00:07.827]This is a list of all the available
types of pages for the site.
- [00:00:11.943]We’ll be focusing on the “Article”
and “Basic Page” content types.
- [00:00:16.532]Articles will display in the newsfeed
of the site, while Basic Pages are
- [00:00:20.002]for static content, such as
‘About Us’ pages.
- [00:00:23.500]Let’s create an article.
- [00:00:25.966]We’ll need to add a title
for the article.
- [00:00:28.155]The title displays at the top of the
article and is also used to
- [00:00:31.245]generate the URL for the article.
- [00:00:33.685]Under “Groups Audience”, we’ll be sure
the correct extension site is selected.
- [00:00:37.398]This tells the content management system
which newsfeed this article belongs to.
- [00:00:41.753]Let’s add some text to the body.
- [00:00:44.133]By default, the news feed will bring in
the first few lines of the body.
- [00:00:47.523]This isn’t the best for our users,
so we can specify the summary text
- [00:00:51.323]by clicking ‘Edit Summary’ next to ‘Body’
and filling in the summary field.
- [00:00:59.738]Selecting a “Related Program” will include
a link to the article we are creating
- [00:01:03.548]on the program’s page.
- [00:01:05.324]Let’s include this article
with Beef Systems.
- [00:01:08.645]Scroll to the bottom.
- [00:01:10.238]We can use the menus on the
left to finalize the page.
- [00:01:12.939]If this is a basic page that should be
displayed in our navigation,
- [00:01:16.089]we can select “Display in menu”,
determine its parent and
- [00:01:18.798]where it should be listed under the
parent with the ‘Weight’ option.
- [00:01:22.063]However, I’ll discuss an easier way
to add content to menus in a later video.
- [00:01:25.788]If we do not want the page to be live,
we can uncheck ‘Published’ under
- [00:01:29.191]“Publishing options”.
- [00:01:30.701]If an article should not display on the
- [00:01:33.044]we can uncheck the ‘Promoted to front page’
- [00:01:36.643]Let’s Preview our changes by scrolling to
the bottom and selecting “Preview”.
- [00:01:40.727]To save the page, click the “Save” button
at the bottom of the page.
Log in to post comments