2019 National Finance Challenge
Students from across the nation demonstrate their knowledge of personal finance and compete for cash prizes.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.248](lively music)
- [00:01:07.903]~ My students love to compete,
- [00:01:10.810]so they enjoy the whole process
- [00:01:12.667]of engaging the competition to get here.
- [00:01:16.140]They've also enjoyed getting to meet students
- [00:01:18.280]from other states and getting to network.
- [00:01:20.560]And I think they really enjoy coming
- [00:01:22.750]and showing off all that they've learned.
- [00:01:25.800]In the competition, like those two hours of planning,
- [00:01:28.090]there was a little bit of tension, little bit of stress,
- [00:01:30.130]but overall it's been really fun.
- [00:01:32.360]These kids, they have their finger on the pulse
- [00:01:35.110]and they know an incredible amount
- [00:01:37.400]of investing, and debt, and budgeting,
- [00:01:40.530]and it's been a joy to be around
- [00:01:41.870]listening to their ideas
- [00:01:43.220]and what people should do with their finances.
- [00:01:44.970]First place goes to
- [00:01:45.970]the great state of Michigan.
- [00:01:47.326](audience applauds)
- [00:01:49.770]It's nice to be rewarded for the hard work you've put in
- [00:01:52.560]and it makes it a little easier to study
- [00:01:54.040]when you know, oh, I'm studying for a little bit of money.
- [00:01:57.306](lively music)
- [00:02:19.129]Hi, I'm State Treasurer John Murante.
- [00:02:21.470]Understanding personal finance is critically important.
- [00:02:24.840]People who learn and practice basic financial skills
- [00:02:27.600]live happier, wealthier lives with less stress.
- [00:02:30.820]I encourage you to learn more
- [00:02:32.590]about financial literacy and to participate
- [00:02:34.840]in the National Personal Finance Challenge.
- [00:02:37.760]If you participate, you might win a part
- [00:02:39.870]of $14,000 in cash prizes,
- [00:02:42.730]thanks to our friends at Voya Financial.
- [00:02:45.080]I look forward to meeting all the state champion teams
- [00:02:47.810]here in Lincoln this spring.
- [00:02:49.560]Good luck.
- [00:02:50.442](lively music)
Log in to post comments