Thanks for Giving
During this season of Thanksgiving, Chancellor Ronnie Green is grateful for the work faculty, staff and students do to make UNL and the surrounding community a better place.
Toggle between list and paragraph view.
- [00:00:00.479](gentle music)
- [00:00:04.190]As we approach the Thanksgiving holiday,
- [00:00:06.400]I want to express my gratitude
- [00:00:08.860]for our great university and the work
- [00:00:11.060]that you do every day to make a profound impact
- [00:00:13.960]on the lives of Nebraskans across our state
- [00:00:16.620]and of people all across the world.
- [00:00:19.130]I'm thankful for our almost 26,000 students
- [00:00:22.170]who are stretching their strengths every day,
- [00:00:24.430]seeking out positive collisions of ideas
- [00:00:26.930]and experiences so that they can engage
- [00:00:29.450]with an every more diverse and inter-connected world.
- [00:00:33.340]I'm thankful for all who are carrying
- [00:00:35.190]a heavy burden and yet still are persisting.
- [00:00:38.010]I think especially of those among us
- [00:00:39.940]who were the first in their family
- [00:00:41.410]to have the opportunity to take up the challenge
- [00:00:44.100]of advanced learning, to all of our servant leaders
- [00:00:47.430]who are giving their time and energy
- [00:00:49.060]on the Commission of 150 to help shape
- [00:00:51.730]our university's vision for the future,
- [00:00:54.350]I thank all of you.
- [00:00:56.410]On behalf of Lincoln and Lancaster county,
- [00:00:59.420]thank you to all who have participated
- [00:01:01.410]so far in the Combined Campaign
- [00:01:03.210]for Health and Human Services.
- [00:01:05.450]The university was there in the city
- [00:01:07.270]of Lincoln's founding days in the 1860s,
- [00:01:10.320]and we're so fortunate to call this great city home.
- [00:01:14.310]In this time of giving thanks and helping others,
- [00:01:16.950]if you haven't already,
- [00:01:18.490]I hope that you will consider giving back
- [00:01:21.100]to our Lincoln and Lancaster county community.
- [00:01:24.540]We all know what this university can achieve
- [00:01:26.880]when we come together and work toward
- [00:01:28.964]a common purpose with unity,
- [00:01:31.900]when we show our grit as individuals
- [00:01:34.780]and as a campus community,
- [00:01:36.720]when we strive toward greater glory,
- [00:01:39.710]for that I can't thank you enough, happy Thanksgiving.
Log in to post comments